Make your next field trip exceptional and schedule your class to spend the day at Bellwether Farm. Show your students the power that comes from knowing how food is grown and what it tastes like when prepared right. Bellwether staff will adjust the material to be age-appropriate and truly engaging, encouraging each and everystudent to participate through following their curiosity and wonder about the natural world around them. Our goal is to develop students’ relationships with one another and with the land, expanding their understanding of community and having fun while doing it. Programs can be customized to accommodate desired length of time, academic focus, and additional group activities.
- A Hands-On Sustainable Farm Tour
- A Farm Work block (including tasks such as harvesting and processing, weeding, etc.)
- Animal Care time with our chickens, goats, sheep and pigs
- Cooking Lessons with our Chef
- Farm-To-Table cooking competitions
- Canoeing and Fishing
- Workshops complementing Ohio’s Learning Standards, such as lessons on Composting, Beekeeping, Food Science, “living soil” & more.
School and educational groups are welcome either to pack lunch or enjoy a farm-to-table meal for $5 per student.