Bellwether Farm Camp, Retreat, and Education Center, a ministry of The Episcopal Diocese of Ohio, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide support to its camp and retreat ministry. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, energetic, and collaborative team player. S/he will need to have excellent communication, time management, and creative problem-solving skills.
Duties include data management in connection with event and overnight bookings, communication with and providing hospitality for prospective and current guests, management of retreat and event registrations, coordination of summer camp registration, office management, and overall general clerical support.
The ideal work hours would be 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. four days per week.
- Respond to website, email, and telephone inquiries from potential visitors, guests, and summer campers, and communicate details regarding Bellwether’s mission, events, and space availability.
- Work in Campwise (or alternative) database to enter, maintain, and update reservation and financial information for upcoming events, including producing financial reports from the database.
- Timely communication with future guests regarding space and dietary needs, including managing deadlines for payment.
- Coordination with Bellwether staff, diocesan program staff and diocesan finance office regarding the needs for upcoming events.
- During the summer camp months (June through July), assist with coordination of camper arrivals and departures, manage email and telephone communication with parents (including uploading photos), coordination with camp staff regarding dietary restrictions, and other necessary information.
- In coordination with the camp director, prepare and manage camp online registration.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant (or equivalent)
- Excellent computer skills using both Windows and Mac platforms with proficiency with:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
This is a part-time position (i.e., 15-18 hours/week) that does not include benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Submit resume with cover letter to:
Mr. Isaac Hollingsworth
Operations Director, Bellwether Farm, Camp, and Retreat Center
4655 N. State Route 60
Wakeman, OH 44889